Color grading being applied to entire clip

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ademhayyu1

Color grading being applied to entire clip

PostWed Mar 29, 2023 3:27 pm

Hello there,

I'm working on a project and this is the first time I'm using the Color feature in Resolve. I keep running into this issue where whenever I apply a color grade to a clip, it doesn't apply for the entire clip. After reviewing in preview (the Edit tab), at the end of the clip, I would see a frame or two of the raw clip pre-color grading. After spending hours troubleshooting, re color grading, trimming and making new fusion clips, I decided to just go through and delete the last few frames of the clips.

I soon began to notice that the issue still persisted and that the color grade would still not apply to the last few frames of every clip. Is this normal? Am I just overthinking this?

This is my first forum post so please let me know what information you need about my software. I am running Davinci Resolve 17 on a Windows 10 OS with a Intel i7 CPU and 16gbs of RAM. Thanks everyone for your help.

Jim Simon

Re: Color grading being applied to entire clip

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 7:46 pm

What you describe isn't normal.

Checking for Operator Error, have you had a chance to complete any of the training yet?

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... ning#books
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

GalinMcMahon

Re: Color grading being applied to entire clip

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 10:08 pm

Do you have overlapping clips on the edit page? It's best to finish your edit then drag your video clips down onto 1 track.
Water cooled Windows 11 laptop
i9 12th gen - 64GB RAM - 16GB 3080ti
2TB 4th gen nvme main - 4TB 4th gen nvme scratch
Micro panel (thank you BM :) ) - Stream Deck
Resolve Studio 18.5
BenQ ultrawide - DeckLink 4k mini via Sonnet - 48” LG C2 OLED

Return to DaVinci Resolve