Fusion composition black video feed

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

neoneedits

Fusion composition black video feed

PostWed Mar 29, 2023 4:14 pm

I have a problem in davinci resolve 18. Basically almost all of my fusion compositions only show black video feed despite media_in being connected properly to media_out.
I have made bunch of fusion compositions that have a compund clip as a media_in connected to a media_out node. Everything works fine but the problem arises when I quit resolve and open it again the next day. Almost all of the clips only show black as a output but some randomly work fine. I can't figure out why this happens to only part of the clips. However this problem can be sometimes to a degree be fixed by swapping the media in clip with something else and then swapping back the original clip. I said to a degree because sometimes the original clip will have black "flashes" of frames within the clip or at the start or end and sometime the fix doesn't work at all.
I tried changing Playback -> Render Cache, from smart -> none and some clips that previously were visible became also black screen. The black feed is also shown on export page.
I have a Time Stretcher node on almost all of the clips if that has something to do with this problem.
davinci resolve problem.PNG
My fusion node setup
davinci resolve problem.PNG (7.08 KiB) Viewed 532 times

Jim Simon

Re: Fusion composition black video feed

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 7:41 pm

Instead of creating a Compound Clip outside of Fusion, start with just one original clip and then add the others inside of Fusion.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve