Middle Click unreliable?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Ed Rudolph

Middle Click unreliable?

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 3:39 pm

I've been away from Resolve for a month or so and coming back to it find that Middle-Click for copy grade isn't working all the time. I have always had the command mapped to the switches on a Wacom pen. The Magic Mouse middle click position is used for scrolling. I tried Middle Click from a Streamdeck and the funny thing is, it works sometimes.

Any similar experiences? At first I was working on 18.1.2 and now on 18.1.4. With Mac OS 12.6.4.

thanks,
Ed, CSI

roger.magnusson

Re: Middle Click unreliable?

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 6:26 pm

You might be triggering the middle click and hold+drag functionality they added, where you can scroll the thumbnail timeline. This means if you middle click to apply a grade you mustn't move the cursor during the click.

Ed Rudolph

PostThu Mar 30, 2023 9:55 pm

Thank you, @roger, that's exactly it. Is there a way to disable this hold + drag function?

Marc Wielage

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 5:40 am

Ed Rudolph wrote:I've been away from Resolve for a month or so and coming back to it find that Middle-Click for copy grade isn't working all the time. I have always had the command mapped to the switches on a Wacom pen. The Magic Mouse middle click position is used for scrolling. I tried Middle Click from a Streamdeck and the funny thing is, it works sometimes.

I have seen middle-click/copy-grade fail on occasion. Another thing that fails is the using the : (colon) button not copy the color from 2 shots ago on the Advanced Panel.

In general, exiting Resolve and relaunching gives the system a kick and then it suddenly works again. "In general."
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Ed Rudolph

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 3:51 pm

Thank you, Mark… :-)

Return to DaVinci Resolve