Scene Cut Detection doesn't work

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

abzaltl

Scene Cut Detection doesn't work

PostFri Mar 31, 2023 8:29 am

Hi there! I've just started using Davinci Resolve, and maybe I don't know enough about its features, but when I try to use Scene Cut Detection, it doesn't work. I click on 'Auto Scene Detect,' and it starts well, but it suddenly stops, and nothing happens.

Marc Wielage

Re: Scene Cut Detection doesn't work

PostSat Apr 01, 2023 1:09 am

How are you using it? Can you go through the steps of trying to use Scene Cut Detection?

For me, we generally do it on the Media page, but it can work for short segments on the Edit page as well (with a different Scene Cut engine). We prefer the Media page because it can generate .SC "cut" files and also .EDL files after the pruning process is done, to weed out the unwanted cuts. The Edit page scene cut detection is only available in Resolve Studio.

All this is discussed at length in the user manual, Chapter 23, "Using Scene Detection," starting on p. 422 of the Resolve 16.1 manual.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

abzaltl

Re: Scene Cut Detection doesn't work

PostSat Apr 01, 2023 12:40 pm

Marc Wielage wrote:How are you using it? Can you go through the steps of trying to use Scene Cut Detection?

For me, we generally do it on the Media page, but it can work for short segments on the Edit page as well (with a different Scene Cut engine). We prefer the Media page because it can generate .SC "cut" files and also .EDL files after the pruning process is done, to weed out the unwanted cuts. The Edit page scene cut detection is only available in Resolve Studio.

All this is discussed at length in the user manual, Chapter 23, "Using Scene Detection," starting on p. 422 of the Resolve 16.1 manual.

I use the same as you do it. I choose a clip on the media page, then click on the right button> Scene Cut Detection> click 'Auto Cut Detection.' The process is getting started but then stops. There are no error windows or any other explanation for the issue.
Attachments
Screenshot_22.png
Screenshot_22.png (43.41 KiB) Viewed 611 times

Return to DaVinci Resolve