AAF Export to Protools

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Tony Greenwood

AAF Export to Protools

PostSat Apr 01, 2023 10:14 am

I have been working in Fairlight doing some prep work for a project that will be mixed in Protools. The AAF into Resolve worked flawlessly and the export works well too. The one thing I notice is that wherever I have rendered an effect onto a clip, that clip is not exported out in the AAF. The lower layer clean track is exported in its place. If I go through the timeline and delete the lower 'clean' layer', then the AAF has the 'effected clip' clip in it. Is there a way to get this to work automatically without having to go through the timeline deleting layers? Just wondering if I have missed something in the export settings?

Reynaud Venter

Re: AAF Export to Protools

PostSat Apr 01, 2023 5:30 pm

Timeline menu > Flatten Audio Track Layers
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

Tony Greenwood

Re: AAF Export to Protools

PostSun Apr 02, 2023 6:42 am

Thanks Reynaud.

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Return to DaVinci Resolve