Support

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Major Editing

Support

PostSat Apr 01, 2023 5:04 pm

I can only speak for myself but my experience with Blackmagic Support (except for one person who I will not name but he knows who he is...and he's been PHENOMENAL!!) has been absolutely horrendous!

You call, you get transferred, you talk to someone who you end up spending however long on the phone telling them what your issues are only to have them tell you that THEY can't help you but will send the ticket to an engineer who will return the call or email you.

They NEVER call back and only sometimes email you. When they email you, they ask for the log and system information. Then you can wait DAY'S or WEEK'S for a response OR you'll get NO RESPONSE AT ALL!!!

When they do respond, they offer, what they believe will "fix the issue" and if it doesn't and you let them know that what they suggested doesn't work...GHOSTED. You never hear back!!!

They are the most frustrating "support" of any product I've every used!!! EVER!!! They just don't seem to care about the millions of DaVinci Resolve users at all...and I'm a PAID Studio user!!!

They really, really, really, need to up their game when it comes to support. I'm not talking about hiring 1,000 techs, 24/7 support but you should have enough techs onboard so users don't feel abandon and taken for granted.

You should also have the ability to screen-share.

Folks, please do better! Not all of us are able to interpret the technical mumbo-jumbo you email back (when you do email). It's not right to ghost your customers.

Leslie Wand

Re: SUPPORT???

PostSun Apr 02, 2023 1:53 am

with the (few) problems i've had with resolve, my first port of call (after checking basics, such as drivers, conflicts, etc.,) is here.

the SUPPORT i've received here has been second to none, be it from old pros, experienced amateurs, and, of course, bm themselves, who chime in regularly.

with more than a million users worldwide, i'd be very surprised to receive anything more than a boilerplate answer from such a small company. IF you sent it in with a comprehensive explanation, system info, and of course, the requested logs, then you might well get a more specific reply...

you might have started off by asking here about your problem in the first place, not that you mention it in your post, nor your system specs....

anyway, good luck.
www.lesliewand.com.au
amd5 5800x / 32gb ram / rtx 3050 8gb / win 10 pro
sony ex3, sony a6400

Major Editing

Re: SUPPORT???

PostMon Apr 03, 2023 12:22 am

Leslie Wand wrote:with the (few) problems i've had with resolve, my first port of call (after checking basics, such as drivers, conflicts, etc.,) is here.

the SUPPORT i've received here has been second to none, be it from old pros, experienced amateurs, and, of course, bm themselves, who chime in regularly.

with more than a million users worldwide, i'd be very surprised to receive anything more than a boilerplate answer from such a small company. IF you sent it in with a comprehensive explanation, system info, and of course, the requested logs, then you might well get a more specific reply...

you might have started off by asking here about your problem in the first place, not that you mention it in your post, nor your system specs....

anyway, good luck.

I've done all of that, many, many, many times over. And I get it, it's a relatively small company with millions of users, but there are other "small companies" that I've dealt with, for instance, 3rd party developers for software or other items, that have been EXTREMELY responsive and haven't gone without so much as a check-up "boilerplate" email that I could at least vent through. Sorry friend, its inexcusable to ghost customers for weeks on end.

Return to DaVinci Resolve