Lack of feature parity causing errors

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

nubnubbud

Lack of feature parity causing errors

PostSun Apr 02, 2023 7:58 am

I've recently been getting some nasty repeating crash-on-open bugs that crash when I open fusion in order to attempt to fix what's wrong. needless to say, it was a quest to find a solution. Basically, I open Fusion, and it works, but says "invalid import file" twice. Then, if I switch to a very specific video clip in fusion, it does the same, but hangs forever (at least hours), which is past being a bit slow to load.

but I've figured it out. if you have non-cube type luts, such as the blender transform luts for openEXR files, trying to use one will cause an error and force Resolve to do... something... ad infinitum, making it hang forever. It just gives you an "invalid import file" error twice and clicking "okay" makes it very much not okay. I was able to work around it by right clicking the clip, and forcing it to open the clip in fusion, rather than switching from one clip to another in fusion. at that point I disabled the lut display for fusion, which stopped the error.

it may actually be an invalid import file for fusion, but the color page loves it, and it works perfectly.
the lack of feature parity between the color and fusion pages are a definite issue. As the next version approaches, I'd very much like to see magic mask, motion effects, and so on have the same options and results in both editors. As nice as the color page is, I find its tools more useful than fusion, but its capabilities more restricted.

Jim Simon

Re: Lack of feature parity causing errors

PostSun Apr 02, 2023 3:24 pm

nubnubbud wrote:I'd very much like to see...
There is a separate forum for Feature Requests.

viewforum.php?f=33

Best practice is to search first, to see if someone already asked. If not, post one idea per thread with a very brief description of the idea in the thread's title.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve