Exr playback is dreadful. In DVR not fusion.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Remirez

Exr playback is dreadful. In DVR not fusion.

PostSun Apr 16, 2023 1:42 pm

Hi all. I'm having a big issue with the playback of exr strings. I've comped the 3d render inside Fusion without any issues, i could play these exr at full speed. Then outputted still as exr , no compression.

In DVR v18 i cant play it at all, not even cache it to drive.
There are 2 clips - first fully comped in fusion, second just a raw rendered from C4D ( Beauty pass)
Cant play either of them, cant cache them, but i can scrub the timeline.
Video attached to show the issue.

Im using RTX 3090, with M.2 ssd samsung 980 pro for cache. Second fastest gpu and sdd on this planet...
I have never had this problem, and i ve been using it for 3d editing and comping for a quite some time now.

What's wrong with DVR ? Some issues with v18 This is on studio version. GPU Drivers up to date.

Video here:

For now im using proxies but i would happy if someone can tell why is it so slow to use exrs.

PS. it does the same thing when im not recording. When it eventually cache it after like 15 min (40 fram per clip), i still can't play it.

Return to DaVinci Resolve