New Presentation Mode Vertical Videos/Client Use

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Barberian

New Presentation Mode Vertical Videos/Client Use

PostMon Apr 17, 2023 10:00 pm

I was trying to use the presentations mode in cloud, however the vertical videos were failing to load properly and were stretching making it unusable. Ideally as well clients logging into this shouldn't t need to create an account. Just click a link and have access.

Nick Shaw

Re: New Presentation Mode Vertical Videos/Client Use

PostMon Apr 24, 2023 11:55 am

Agreed re client's having to sign up for an account. What I've seen of presentations so far looks like a really good start, and hopefully more will be added from here.

I know it's a free and simple account sign up, but I feel clients might be wary of doing this for what could be a one-off review. Allowing link only invites would be preferable.

I like the way comments from Presentations immediately appear in the Resolve timeline. But because they are (I believe) set at a fixed point in time and appear in every version of a timeline when you duplicate it, this seems more useful for grading a locked cut that feedback on editorial. Maybe there is a way to do this that I haven't found, but I would like to be able to duplicate a timeline to make revisions, and clear or modify markers on the new timeline without it affecting the original version (so that remains a snapshot of the cut and relevant comments at a particular point in time.)

I am not sure exactly how the linking of timelines and Presentation clips works. Having things go both ways, so you can add a Presentation marker in the Resolve timeline which appears in the Cloud Presentation is certainly handy. But more flexible control would be even better. The "ripple timeline markers" functionality seems to be broken when a Presentation is liked, as ripple deleting a clip initially moves the marker, but it then re-syncs to its position from the Presentation.
Workflow Consultant, London UK
LUTs and LUT plugins
www.antlerpost.com

Nick Shaw

PostTue Apr 25, 2023 10:52 am

Also, I realise that there isn't currently a simple mechanism in Resolve to implement this, but allowing reviewers to draw on a frame in a Presentation is something I think a lot of people would find useful. I suppose you could add a layer of Fusion comps to scribble on the image, but that might be overkill!

The ideal flexible synchronous/asynchronous review tool I would want doesn't quite yet exist. I hope that Resolve Presentations could eventually fit this need.

And while I'm putting down ideas for Presentations, can I request JKL navigation? The JKL keys do control Presentations, but they don't do the same thing as they do in Resolve (and other NLEs). That really messes with an editor's muscle memory!
Workflow Consultant, London UK
LUTs and LUT plugins
www.antlerpost.com

leaoxp

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 8:53 pm

Hello!

Yesyerday I noticed cloud finally is working here in Brazil and I´m very happy!!

But really I agree 100% that clientes don´t need to create an account in BM cloud.

I know my clientes lol using frame.io that they dont need to create account they sometimes don´t want to use the review plattaform hehe (I really don´t undestand why, think they don´t like to use something they are not familliary with)

So if they have to create an account, I´m 100% sure they will have complaints about it...

So, Please BM, is that possible to us have just a link to give to the clients to join a presentation without log in in future?

thank you

Return to DaVinci Resolve