18.5 Color management not working

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

deantonibrito

18.5 Color management not working

PostThu Apr 27, 2023 8:36 am

HI.
Cannot use Davinci WG Intermediate anymore on 18.5
Nothing changes when i change color management settings Davinci YRGB also not working (i change inside color management, nut nothing happens with the image)

Please help

tks

leonbarnard

Re: 18.5 Color management not working

PostThu Apr 27, 2023 9:07 am

Can you provide any more details on your workflow and what you have done to troubleshoot this problem?

albertorambaudi

PostMon May 01, 2023 7:51 pm

iam having the same issue, color mangment not working. have to do it manually whit nodes . any thougs?

HDR DW to 709

sony slog3 files in timeline
and iphone 14 H265 10 bits

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostTue May 02, 2023 1:19 am

Right click on your timeline in media pool and choose timelines > timeline settings and see if "Use project settings" is checked or not. If its not, you have to set the colour management settings for the timeline there as the project settings get ignored (by design).
**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

albertorambaudi

PostTue May 02, 2023 10:58 am

CaptainHook wrote:Right click on your timeline in media pool and choose timelines > timeline settings and see if "Use project settings" is checked or not. If its not, you have to set the colour management settings for the timeline there as the project settings get ignored (by design).

hi, thanks for the response, i try it but still not working properly. it may be a bug ?

Ronny_N

PostThu Jun 08, 2023 7:22 pm

Hi,
I am having the same problem...
Any update yet on this issue?
Grts Ronny

MartinLundgren

PostSat Jul 29, 2023 8:07 pm

The color management is not working in the last update. What is happening with this? , does anyone know? I am really dependent on this in my workflow.
Thanks

Rohit Singhal

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Aug 04, 2023 9:56 am

deantonibrito wrote:HI.
Cannot use Davinci WG Intermediate anymore on 18.5
Nothing changes when i change color management settings Davinci YRGB also not working (i change inside color management, nut nothing happens with the image)

Please help

tks

Hi Rodrigo/Others,

Can you send us a sample project which shows this issue please? Also please send us a short screen recording showing the issue. You can send it to us via Dropbox or similar.
Rohit Singhal
DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

endless

Re: 18.6 Color management not working

PostTue Feb 06, 2024 10:52 am

This thread seems the closest to my same issue... But 18.6 STUDIO.

Please see files:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
I tried to provide as much as made sense.

The trouble I'm experiencing is seeing NO CHANGE from Color Managed or DV YRGB G2.4. Nor CST Effects either.
What am I missing??
I'm on new Resolve Studio 18.6 STUDIO (I used free version few years ago on Windows).

My footage is S-Log MXF files from Sony Fs5 from 2019. Sample clip VLC Player says Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264) - Decoded format: Planar 4:2:2 YUV 10-bit LE (no Color Space mentioned).
Another S-Log3 clip from Pexels VLC Player says Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (avc1) - Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV - Color space: ITU-R BT.709 Range.

Same issue no matter what I try; NO Change on Project Settings or CST Effect.

I'm on Linux Mint Debian 6, and while I don't expect you to support Linux issues, still, if DVResolve is working correctly which it has been for several weeks now, I would/should SEE something as I change settings, shouldn't I??

Any help appreciated.

endless

PostTue Feb 06, 2024 11:52 am

PS. I read in another post about Media Pool, right click CLIP to make sure Bypass Color Management isn't enabled.
Though I did not find that as such, I did however find INPUT COLOR SPACE setting and THAT finally gave some change.
So...... That leaves the question as to whether the META DATA is missing. Seems to make perfect sense that if the Meta Data IS missing, then no, Color Management would not be able to do it's job.
I'm curious if the screenshots I provided that show the Clip Details Meta Data, whether that is or isn't the full data the Color Management engine needs.....???

Jim Simon

PostTue Feb 06, 2024 2:27 pm

endless wrote:I would/should SEE something as I change settings, shouldn't I??
Not necessarily.

Changes to Project Settings may not affect current timelines. But you can always change the desired timeline by right clicking from the bin and choosing Timeline Settings.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Uli Plank

PostWed Feb 07, 2024 1:14 am

That is a Sony specific, flat profile which DR doesn't recognise. Not even Sony's own Catalyst does, just showing it as User defined curve9.
Tell DR under "Input Color Space" that it's Rec.709, in the Clip Attributes it's full range (typical Sony!) and grade it as good as you can manually.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

endless

PostSun Feb 11, 2024 9:03 am

Uli Plank wrote:That is a Sony specific, flat profile which DR doesn't recognise. Not even Sony's own Catalyst does, just showing it as User defined curve9.

Really??!! Wow.
Ok then. Thanks much for the help.

liza.de

PostWed Mar 27, 2024 8:54 pm

I'm having the same issue, out of the blue. Working with the same files, no davinci update, suddenly from being able to switch between nodes and see the difference on the display monitor, it doesn't work. No idea what happened, very frustrating, as I am on a schedule and had plans. Then I installed the studio version I just got, and the same issue there.

Return to DaVinci Resolve