Title Artifacting

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

danetvm

Title Artifacting

PostThu May 25, 2023 5:24 pm

I need to re-edit something I did years ago on Davinci 15, but the title I used is not included in the current version. I copied the settings file for the title into V18 but there's random digital artifacts on the title. When I say random, I mean it's different every time I scroll through, and even changes as I'm typing the title. Is there a way to fix this? I'm assuming something isn't compatible between the old title and the new software version. Screenshot below.
Attachments
titles.jpg
titles.jpg (20.5 KiB) Viewed 270 times

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Title Artifacting

PostTue May 30, 2023 1:04 am

That looks like a GPU driver issue
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

danetvm

PostTue May 30, 2023 2:14 am

Thanks for the reply. I had the same thought, except that it's only this title, and this is the only title I dragged from an older version to this one. Can't be coincidence! Maybe I didn't import the title correctly?

Marc Wielage

PostTue May 30, 2023 4:00 am

danetvm wrote:Thanks for the reply. I had the same thought, except that it's only this title, and this is the only title I dragged from an older version to this one. Can't be coincidence! Maybe I didn't import the title correctly?

What happens if you change the font?
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

danetvm

PostTue May 30, 2023 5:48 pm

Good thought. Changes the problem but doesn't fix it. But I also stand corrected, I just found a couple other titles that do the same thing and both are a 3D type. I hadn't tried every single title before now. So it does look like it may be a driver or similar issue. At least I can rule out the import.

Return to DaVinci Resolve