Script for populating audio metadata

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mbrownie

Script for populating audio metadata

PostSun May 28, 2023 6:55 pm

Good afternoon.

I was trying to work through this with ChatGPT because I don't know anything about coding or writing scripts, but it doesn't have access to the Resolve API unfortunately.

I have a very organized set of folders for my different audio effects (Whooshes, Impacts, Ambience, etc) and I would like when importing the files to be able to adjust one of the metadata specs to easily categorize them. My initial thought was python script to change the "comments" metadata of the mp3 file to the name of the parent folder; however, changing the metadata in the file did nothing to the metadata in Davinci.

My next thought was have ChatGPT write me a script that would reference the parent folder name from the filepath in Davinci and allocate it to the "audio notes" category.

For example, I have:
File:Whoosh1.mp3
Path: C:\Users\Mbrownie\Videos\01_Resources\AUDIO\01_Whooshes

I would like the "01_Whooshes" to be taken from the filepath and applied to the "audio notes" section and be able to do this for every audio effect in a specific folder in Davinci.

Jim Simon

Re: Script for populating audio metadata

PostMon May 29, 2023 2:16 pm

Are you familiar with the Sound Library functionality? It may serves your needs here.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve