Files deleted from the "Media" panel:

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Will_Schr24

Files deleted from the "Media" panel:

PostTue May 30, 2023 7:17 am

I didn't really interact much with the media panel, and I accidentally deleted some files from it, thinking that I had moved an entire folder to the Media Panel. Is there any way to recover those deleted files? Some of them are quite important; they are photos and videos that have been saved for a while. When I noticed they were being deleted, I saw some sort of backup being created. Is there a way to access that backup and retrieve those files?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Files deleted from the "Media" panel:

PostTue May 30, 2023 8:14 am

If you have removed clips from the media pool, they are still likely on your storage as all you have done is remove Resolve links to them. Note, Resolve does not import the clips from storage to use them, it uses them live so the import operation is importing the links to those clips.

If you have removed (deleted with the confirmation that you are permanently deleting ) the folder/clips from media storage, the you should not write anything to your system but, immediately make a back up of the whole drive with the media as is it, and then using a file restoration/recovery program from some other source, try to recover those files.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Uli Plank

Re: Files deleted from the "Media" panel:

PostTue May 30, 2023 8:15 am

Nothing is really lost if you 'delete' it from the media panel, it's just not connected any more.
Just find the files on your storage and import them again.
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

Return to DaVinci Resolve