DaVinci Resolve suddenly not utilizing CPU

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

HuddyTheBuddy

DaVinci Resolve suddenly not utilizing CPU

PostWed May 31, 2023 11:53 pm

Hello everyone!

Recently, the team I am a part of has been required to render out proxies for dailies as a part of the feature we are making. We have been using DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.5 for this and have had no complaints. We eventually started using my personal PC to do these on since it has a 4090 and 7950x3D inside it and has been tearing apart this RED footage in record time. However, after our offload today, we noticed that the proxy generation went from taking 20-30 minutes to over two hours for the same amount/length of footage.

We haven't changed any settings, and as far as I know, nothing has gotten updated. The only thing that caught our eyes was that the CPU (that before was indeed being utilized) is no longer being used. We've tried reinstalling GPU drivers and CPU drivers, but no luck. I was wondering, has anyone else experienced any issues like this, and was there any workarounds/solutions?

Thank you!
Huddy

Return to DaVinci Resolve