DaVinci Resolve iPad not able to import from photos app

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Bdesign

DaVinci Resolve iPad not able to import from photos app

PostThu Jun 01, 2023 12:44 am

Hello,
I am new here and to DaVinci Resolve. Just got a free version 18.5 for iPad to learn the Program, and I am experiencing issues with importing my videos from my iCloud/photo app. The import window will open up and I can see all my media there. When I select videos and hit “add”, it will first say “DaVinci Resolve would like to access your photos” and I am prompted to select either “select more photos” or “keep current selection”.

It doesn’t matter which one I select, the “add” button does not react and nothing happens. The only workaround is to export my videos to Files, then import from there. But this is cumbersome since all my videos are taken with my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

What am I doing wrong here? Any input would be much appreciated. I would like to learn this app as my new video-editing tool and would upgrade to Studio once I feel comfortable enough to work on it. But if I cannot import from Photos, that would be a bummer.

Thanks,
Bernie

Uli Plank

Re: DaVinci Resolve iPad not able to import from photos app

PostThu Jun 01, 2023 4:11 am

I am using the full version and I can import from Photos without any problem.
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Bdesign

Re: DaVinci Resolve iPad not able to import from photos app

PostSat Jun 03, 2023 4:20 pm

My iPad has M1 and is running on iOS 16.5. My understanding is that davinci resolve (even a free version) is compatible with my hardware?

Return to DaVinci Resolve