Level Shift After DoVi Analysis

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

John Burton

Level Shift After DoVi Analysis

PostThu Jun 01, 2023 5:01 pm

Updated from 17 to 18.1.4 and when I do my DoVi Analysis the levels in my project all shift significantly...I know the Project Settings menu changed slightly going from 17 but it looks as though things are correct...It never happened on 17. Anyone else experience this or any idea what may be causing this?

mpetech

Re: Level Shift After DoVi Analysis

PostThu Jun 01, 2023 7:10 pm

John Burton wrote:Updated from 17 to 18.1.4 and when I do my DoVi Analysis the levels in my project all shift significantly...I know the Project Settings menu changed slightly going from 17 but it looks as though things are correct...It never happened on 17. Anyone else experience this or any idea what may be causing this?

Are you monitoring the tone-mapped output or the mastering output? Make sure you are configured for the correct one - using the correct settings and plugged in to the correct SDI output.

John Burton

PostThu Jun 01, 2023 7:40 pm

Thank you for the reply...I don't think I'm monitoring the tone mapped out...That would be ticking the Enable Tone Mapping Preview box correct? It is unchecked

mpetech

PostThu Jun 01, 2023 9:05 pm

John Burton wrote:Thank you for the reply...I don't think I'm monitoring the tone mapped out...That would be ticking the Enable Tone Mapping Preview box correct? It is unchecked

Make sure HDR10 is disabled in the Color Management page and in the Color tab.

John Burton

PostSat Jun 03, 2023 3:22 pm

Thank you for your help! I do believe you were right in that it thought Preview was checked even though it wasn't...A bug...I checked it and then unchecked it and it appears to be working well

Thank you again!

Return to DaVinci Resolve