Corrupted Project File

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mannj5

Corrupted Project File

PostFri Jun 02, 2023 5:22 am

Hi,

I recently had my davinci resolve crash on me as I accidentally deleted a file that was in use in the project from the media pool. Is there any way to add this file back into the media pool? That should hopefully fix it as I can no longer open the project without it crashing.

Marc Wielage

Re: Corrupted Project File

PostSat Jun 03, 2023 3:21 am

mannj5 wrote:I recently had my davinci resolve crash on me as I accidentally deleted a file that was in use in the project from the media pool. Is there any way to add this file back into the media pool? That should hopefully fix it as I can no longer open the project without it crashing.

Here's a possible workaround:

1) launch Resolve without opening a project (that is, just look at the Project Manager window)

2) select but do not open the project with the problem

3) right-click the bad project and Export a copy to another drive

4) now, right-click in the gray area of the Project Manager and Import that project back into Resolve (with a name like "Copy of Bad Project").

5) Try opening the copy and see if the problem persists.

6) if you have a copy of the project from the day before (and we always suggest you make daily backups), see if the previous day's version is OK.

If you've set Resolve to automatically open the last project, I can't help you -- I don't know a way to turn that on if it's crashing at start-up.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

iddos-l

PostSat Jun 03, 2023 7:23 am

Another possibility is to try a different Resolve version.
We had a similar problem that was solved after we upgraded V18.1.2 to V18.13 I believe.
Exporting a drp didn’t work for us.
Hope this helps.

mannj5

PostSat Jun 03, 2023 11:57 am

I've already tried this and it didn't work, It's definitely something to do with the project not having access to the one file thats in the timeline.

Return to DaVinci Resolve