Help

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

skoden!

Help

PostFri Jun 02, 2023 4:21 pm

Hello all,
I am having problems with resolve 18.1. It keeps crashing while I am editing and all of the work I did that session is gone, My deadline is today and I am freaking out. I can't add the logs file. The forum won't let me

Andy Mees

Re: HELP!!

PostFri Jun 02, 2023 6:26 pm

skoden! wrote:It keeps crashing while I am editing and all of the work I did that session is gone
Turn on Live Save in the Prefernces >> User >> Project Save and Load settings.

skoden!

PostFri Jun 02, 2023 7:59 pm

Ok, that is great and I am going to do just that, but can I recover what was lost?

Andy Mees

PostFri Jun 02, 2023 10:51 pm

Did you have Automatic Backups enabled? If so then you may be able to recover some of your lost work ie everything up until the time of the last automatic backup. But if you weren't saving by any of the three possible methods in v18.1 (live save, scheduled automatic backups or manual save) then I'm afraid its unlikely your work can be recovered.

With respect to why Resolve is crashing, you'll need to put your logs (and system information / diagnostics) on a file sharing site, then post a link to those files here in the forum. As a new user, you probably won't be allowed to post live links, so add spaces or text to them, so the links seem invalid. eg www dot logshere dot com

Marc Wielage

PostSat Jun 03, 2023 6:21 am

If you're running into crashes, go to the Help Menu and select "Create Diagnostics Log on Desktop." Place that on a download site like Dropbox, and post a link to the file here.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

skoden!

Re: Help

PostSat Jun 03, 2023 1:51 pm

Thank you everyone for the advice

Return to DaVinci Resolve