Playback Speed Is super fast and I cant get it slow down.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

LayneWilson

Playback Speed Is super fast and I cant get it slow down.

PostSun Jun 04, 2023 1:30 am

I must have pressed something on my keyboard today but I can't seem to get it to go back to normal.

I've pressed L multiple times but all that does is make it even faster.

.I tried switching to another project but now all my projects are super sped up.

.I've tried updating Resolve to the latest version, didn't help.

.I've looked at the clips and it was not a speed edit that was applied they are all at the default 100%

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Marc Wielage

Re: Playback Speed Is super fast and I cant get it slow down

PostSun Jun 04, 2023 11:34 am

LayneWilson wrote:I must have pressed something on my keyboard today but I can't seem to get it to go back to normal. I've pressed L multiple times but all that does is make it even faster.

I have seen this problem when the User Prefs -> Video I/O is set to expect a Blackmagic display device that's not connected or otherwise not working. Either turn that off and relaunch, or connect it and make sure it's working, and speed should stabilize.

Otherwise, you'll have to provide more information about the type of video codec in the timeline, your system specs, and so on. If you right-click on Clip Attributes, what is the embedded speed of the clip? What's the Master Settings project speed of your Timeline?
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Sven H

Re: Playback Speed Is super fast and I cant get it slow down

PostSun Jun 04, 2023 11:03 pm

Usually happens when there is a problem with the video card.

also another thing to look at is the playback frame rate in the project settings. but usually as said above, it's a problem with the video I/O

Return to DaVinci Resolve