Marker and Text+ workflow suggestions?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Nils-does-things

Marker and Text+ workflow suggestions?

PostSun Jun 04, 2023 10:20 am

Hi all,

I know there have been some feature requests for improvements with markers (i.e. show marker text above the timeline for example)

In my case, I'd like to be able to see the numerical value of the markers on the timeline, as I don't always have the Index window open, and unless you colour each marker different it isn't immediately obvious which marker corresponds to the Index list.

So my workflow question -
I often create chapters or segments with Text+ elements to overlay those chapter titles over project footage.
These titles are then duplicated into Marker descriptions and ultimately copied out to Youtube timestamps.

This is a lot of copying and pasting with the biggest pain being that if an edit is made later in the project, all the markers need to be renumbered & all the titles need to be renumbered.

Is there some way to use variables for this?
Some way of setting a chapter/segment title once, and have it apply to both Marker and Text+ as well as auto-numbering the whole series would be ideal...

Ideas & Suggestions welcome. Thanks.
"There are three types of people. Those who can count and those who can't."

Return to DaVinci Resolve