Bulk Track Magic Mask

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Phylme

Bulk Track Magic Mask

PostSun Jun 04, 2023 11:46 am

Hi all,

I have used the Magic Mask feature extensively in one of my movies. Now, somehow I've lost all my tracking information. Is there a possibility to bulk track all files? Or do I have to manually go into every single clip, go to the frame where I applied the strokes for the mask, then track and repeat for every single clip?

Note: I thought that on exporting the magic mask tracking will take place when needed, but first I am somehow not getting the correct results and second, it does not save these tracking info and therefore, if I'd want to re-render afterwards I would have to do it all again.

In total its 43000 frames and this will take on my rather underspec'd machine about 12hours, which is per se no problem, but it its if I have to redo it every time or go through all the clips one by one...
MacBook Pro 15" 2017
2.8GHz Quad-Core i7
16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 RAM
Radeon Pro 560 4GB

Andy Mees

Re: Bulk Track Magic Mask

PostSun Jun 04, 2023 3:17 pm

Phylme wrote:Is there a possibility to bulk track all files?
You can go to the Color page >> Magic Mask controls (3 dot) options menu and choose Regenerate Object Mask > All Clips.

Phylme

PostSun Jun 04, 2023 3:23 pm

Thank you so much!

Just one additional question: if I start this process but hit „stop“ at some point, does DaVinci remember the already tracked masks (I.e. I can continue where I clicked stop)or will it delete the full progress?
MacBook Pro 15" 2017
2.8GHz Quad-Core i7
16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 RAM
Radeon Pro 560 4GB

Andy Mees

PostSun Jun 04, 2023 6:46 pm

Phylme wrote:if I start this process but hit „stop“ at some point, does DaVinci remember the already tracked masks (I.e. I can continue where I clicked stop)
Yes, Resolve will keep everything tracked to the point you hit 'Stop', and then continue from that point thereafter.

Return to DaVinci Resolve