stabilization losing when copying colors in the color tab

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

OlegMush

stabilization losing when copying colors in the color tab

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 12:59 pm

help me please
how to copy color correction to all clips in the color tab, while not losing clip stabilization?
Since when I copy a color, for some reason stabilization flies :(

i copy ctrl c + ctrl v
Last edited by OlegMush on Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OlegMush

Re: stabilization losing when copying colors in the color ta

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 1:39 pm

and even when I switched to color in the keyframe, the stabilization is still reset when copying

JF Robichaud

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 3:27 pm

Selecting Color on the Keyframes panel protects all sizing parameters, including stabilisation. I don't see how you could be losing stabilisation if you did set the mode to Color. Note that when you restart Resolve, it always goes back to All (which includes Color and Sizing), rather than remembering your last setting.

OlegMush

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 4:48 pm

JF Robichaud wrote:Selecting Color on the Keyframes panel protects all sizing parameters, including stabilisation. I don't see how you could be losing stabilisation if you did set the mode to Color. Note that when you restart Resolve, it always goes back to All (which includes Color and Sizing), rather than remembering your last setting.

this only happens when i copy with ctrl c + ctrl v and paste on clip, regardless of keyframe selection :(
When I use stills and apply grade everything is fine

JF Robichaud

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 11:05 pm

Ah, it is indeed a bug, and I've managed to reproduce it.

I've never encountered it before, because I use the legacy setting for cut and paste ("Always perform copy and paste on selected nodes" is turned on in User Preferences, Color Page). This means that CTRL-V can only paste a single node, never the full clip grade.

You probably have this option off, which means that CTRL-V pastes the full clip grade when you have the thumbnail area in focus, or just the node when you have the node tree panel in focus. The former seems to ignore the Keyframe Mode (copying sizing data even when Color mode is selected). Middle clicking or applying a grade always take the KF mode into account.

Return to DaVinci Resolve