High Quality Motion Graphics for Davinci Resolve?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

herein2020

High Quality Motion Graphics for Davinci Resolve?

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 11:54 pm

Does anyone have a good source for high quality motion graphics for Davinci Resolve? I know it is possible to make them, but I simply do not have the time or patience to try to learn how to make them, I just want to edit the footage and put together what my client is looking for. My problem is the motion graphics options for Davinci Resolve are much slimmer than for Premier. I have been looking through motion graphics packs for DR and most of them have 90% low quality graphics and motion effects that I will never use.

My client wants me to replicate this video for her event but I haven't seen a single easy to use motion graphics plugin or pack yet that matches this quality. I can re-create the PIP effects and transitions, but the motion graphics is going to be a problem.

https://vimeo.com/780381553?embedded=true&source=vimeo_logo&owner=190684775
DR: 18.6.4 BUILD 19 Studio
CPU: Core i9-13900K 24 Cores@3.0GHz, 128GB of RAM
GPU: RTX 4080
Drives: NVME OS Drive, NVME RAID Array, NVME Cache Drive
Project Media: H.265 10 Bit 4:2:2 | Canon XF-AVC | Cinema Raw LT

Peter Cave

Re: High Quality Motion Graphics for Davinci Resolve?

PostWed Jun 07, 2023 12:39 am

Looks like very easy text zooms and blurs with a few split screens. No need for a Motion graphics plugin for that kind of simple effect.
Resolve 18.6.6 Mac OSX 14.4.1 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

herein2020

PostWed Jun 07, 2023 1:48 am

Peter Cave wrote:Looks like very easy text zooms and blurs with a few split screens. No need for a Motion graphics plugin for that kind of simple effect.

I am not a motion graphics expert by any means but from what I can tell not all of them are that simple, I have created some motion graphics before and from what I can tell the opening title alone would require Fusion work to look like that, the dates scrolling by at the 20s mark is definitely not simply text blurs or zooms, synching opposing text going in opposite directions which then subtly change speed then speed up as it exits will also require at a minimum some precise key framing work, the logo text circle animation at the end would also require Fusion work.

The split screen work is all pretty easy, its just the text animation work that I would rather just use a plugin for vs. dusting off my limited motion graphics knowledge. Also, me and Fusion do not get along, DR crashes almost as soon as I open Fusion and I always seem to spend more hours than the client is willing to pay for on even the simplest animations.

Fortunately my client doesn't want an exact repro of the animations in this video, but I would like to at least match the motion graphics quality if not exceed it. I could probably eventually figure it out with enough fiddling in Fusion and YouTubbing, but time is money and I don't want to spend any additional time that I don't need to if I can buy a plugin or motion graphics pack that will do the heavy lifting. At least with a pack I can quantify that on the invoice, with time I have no idea how long it would take me.

herein2020

PostSat Jun 10, 2023 1:08 pm

It looks like MotionVFX has some of the best options, I have emailed them asking which packs will do most of what I want to do since they have so many its impossible to tell what does what and they are not exactly cheap either.

visualfeast

PostSat Jun 10, 2023 9:08 pm

I agree with Peter, but you might want to look into MrAlexTech’s magic animate and some of his other effects:

https://ko-fi.com/mralextech/shop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
•Ryzen 5950x/64G/75TB RAID/3080ti/Intensity Pro 4K/2x ProArt PA278CGV/Dell U2415/Shogun 7/HPE LTO-6/Stream Deck XL
•ZBook 17 G3/64G/Quadro M5000M
•Inspiron 16+/32G/RTX3060
Resolve Studio v18.1.2 (x2)/Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Return to DaVinci Resolve