Make audio automatically Stereo?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

popomology

Make audio automatically Stereo?

PostThu Jun 08, 2023 11:43 am

Hello.

I have a bunch of sound clips that when put into the timeline from the Media Pool become Mono and only play sound on one side. To fix this I right click -> Clip Attributes then make it Stereo.

My question is, is there a way to make this the default so when I put it into the timeline it plays on both sides already without having to go through the clip attributes rigmarole?

I know I can just select all the clips in the media pool then do it there for all at once but I sometimes forget to do this and it can be a bit bothersome. I was hoping there was a quicker way of doing this or somehow make it so by default it just makes all audio Stereo when put into the timeline.

roger.magnusson

Re: Make audio automatically Stereo?

PostThu Jun 08, 2023 1:51 pm

While I think the solution you already have is the most appropriate one, you also have the option of setting the timeline audio track format to mono. That would make the audio centered if the bus format is stereo, but I suppose that will make the audio 3 dB lower in the stereo mix.

Charles Bennett

PostThu Jun 08, 2023 1:53 pm

There is no automatic way. You could create some mono audio tracks and just drop those clips onto the timeline. A mono track plays out of both left and right of the master bus.
Attachments
Add Tracks Menus.jpg
Add Tracks Menus.jpg (218.54 KiB) Viewed 220 times
Resolve Studio 19.0b1 build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

popomology

PostFri Jun 09, 2023 3:24 am

I didn't know you could do that.

Thanks a lot!

Return to DaVinci Resolve