Apply temporal NR to all Compound Clips

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

docdoc

Apply temporal NR to all Compound Clips

PostSat Jun 10, 2023 8:57 am

Hi there,

i have got a timeline for a fictional short, but as it is synced with audio, every clip in the timeline is a compound clip. Now i want to add the temporal NR, but it will not work on compound. It would take hours to open every compound clip and do a temporal Noise Reduction individually. Timeline or group node does not work either. I cannot decompose either, as i would loose some grading and effects then.

Is there any idea how i can apply it to all clips or the timelime?

I also noticed there are other things that cannot be done to compound clips. How do you work with this? Is it uncommon to use compound clips in a timeline?

Jim Simon

Re: Apply temporal NR to all Compound Clips

PostSat Jun 10, 2023 12:56 pm

You don't need Compound Clips to sync audio.

I wonder if this is one of those times where you've wandered down the wrong path, and will have to take the time to backtrack to find the correct path.

Grabbing Stills of your grades to re-apply after Decomposing the Compounds might work.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

docdoc

PostMon Jun 12, 2023 6:24 pm

OK, lesson learned, next time i will have to add decomposing to my timeline-cleanup.

Steve Alexander

PostTue Jun 13, 2023 2:13 am

It would also be nice if compound clips did not have this limitation...
Time Traveller
Resolve Studio 19.0b1 | Fusion Studio 19.0b1 | Win 11 Pro (22H2) | i9-7940x, P4000 (536.96, 8GB VRAM), 64GB RAM, M.2 boot, SSD scratch, RAID10 data | (laptop) 16" MacBook Pro M1 MAX, 32 GPU cores, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4

Return to DaVinci Resolve