Sharing stills albums between multiple projects

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mrnacmx

Sharing stills albums between multiple projects

PostTue Jul 18, 2023 8:59 pm

For ease of understanding let's say I only create commercials for multiple clients....therefore
In resolve I create a new project library from the home screen for each client, then within that client project library I create individual project folders that contain each unique commercial.

So when creating master look folders in "color" utilizing "create stills album" is there a way then to have that be utilized across all different projects? To put it another way, let's say I create 10 still album folders using ShotDeck or whatever... for client A and then go back to home screen and load up project for client B...all the stills folders I had created for A are not there in project for client B.

Otherwise I have to go through the arduous process of creating folders, naming them, and then importing the stills from a master stills folder outside of resolve.

Thank you very much for any input on this and your time is appreciated.

Jim Simon

Re: Sharing stills albums between multiple projects

PostWed Jul 19, 2023 2:12 pm

PowerGrades will make Stills available to all projects in that Library.

To have access in other Libraries, you will have to Export and Import.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

mrnacmx

Re: Sharing stills albums between multiple projects

PostWed Jul 19, 2023 4:19 pm

Thank you Jim for the information and time to respond. Appreciated

Return to DaVinci Resolve