DaVinciResolveStudio18.6 freezes at the startup screen and w

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

大きい。債券

DaVinciResolveStudio18.6 freezes at the startup screen and w

PostWed Nov 29, 2023 2:25 am

For the past few days, DaVinciResolveStudio 18.6 has been freezing on the startup screen with the message ``Authenticating license'' displayed on the screen, making it impossible to start, and the forced termination window for the application shows ``Not responding'' and does not work.

I restarted my Mac, reinstalled DaVinciResolveStudio, and used Time Machine to downgrade DaVinciResolveStudio from 18.6.3 to 18.6.2, but the symptoms did not improve.

The DaVinci Resolve Studio I am using was purchased from Apple's App Store, and the OS is MacOS 14.1.

Is this a problem with my Mac? Or is this a problem with Blackmagic Design?

Help me! !

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: DaVinciResolveStudio18.6 freezes at the startup screen a

PostWed Nov 29, 2023 2:54 am

If your DaVinci Resolve Studio license was purchased on the Apple App Store the licensing and activation process is fully via the Apple authentication process.

You dont mention your hardware details and if you have a firewall or router that might be preventing the authentication but i dont at this stage have other ideas to consider.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

大きい。債券

Re: DaVinciResolveStudio18.6 freezes at the startup screen a

PostThu Nov 30, 2023 5:43 am

Thank you, DaVinci Resolve Product Manager.

After contacting Apple Support and investigating the problem while looking at the screen with the support staff, we discovered that only certain users were experiencing the symptoms. Because of this, I thought there might be a problem with the library that was generated when I installed DaVinciresolve, and when I asked him if the library's authorization file might be corrupted, the support person said, "It's possible. However, Apple cannot identify third-party libraries."

So I finally solved it by creating a new user and using DaVinci ResolveStudio from there.

thank you

Return to DaVinci Resolve