DCTLs missing when project is opened on another computer.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

EricLalicata

DCTLs missing when project is opened on another computer.

PostThu Dec 14, 2023 9:13 pm

We have three color suites. DCTLS are both in a shared LUT folder, but also in each workstations dedicated LUT folder. If a DCTL is used on one workstation, when we open that project in the other rooms, we get a missing DCTL error message. When we check the prompted file path, the DCTL is present.

The only fix, is to remove the DCTL from every node and then re-add it again. This is not practical. So we work with the error message coming up every single time we land on a clip with the DCTL applied. Waiting to do final exports once we can get back in the original room.

Found a post about a year ago complaining of this same behavior. This is a pretty big issue and needs attention. Basically a show stopper for a shared database multi room facility.

Screen Shot 2023-12-14 at 1.03.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-14 at 1.03.03 PM.png (797.25 KiB) Viewed 779 times

FaridColorist

Re: DCTLs missing when project is opened on another computer

PostWed Apr 24, 2024 11:33 am

I have the same problem. The DCTLs I use have exactly in the same path on the 2 computers I use but I get the error message and even assigning the node to the corresponding DCTL loses the adjustements. That's a real bummer

Return to DaVinci Resolve