BM Cloud Storage creates aliases of media, how to disable?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

SeattleYachtMedia

BM Cloud Storage creates aliases of media, how to disable?

PostFri Feb 09, 2024 5:08 am

If I understand this correctly, BM cloud storage uploads clips that are put into the project from the default machine into the cloud. When a remote editor opens the project it asks where you want to save the bm cloud media to on your machine.

This file path is also set for the original default machine, but to avoid creating duplicates (since the media is already accessible to the default machine as it was the machine that added the media to the project file) bm cloud storage simply creates aliases to the media to keep the system working.

Is there a way to tell it not to create aliases but actually to create duplicates? All of our media is on a NAS, & I would like to create a duplicates on the default machine itself so that it can work when not connected to the NAS, like any normal remote editor. However it seems that resolve does not allow the default machine, that uploaded the media into the project, to be used as a remote editor because it restricts that machine to creating aliases only.

Would love for someone to point out what I'm missing so that I can get this up and running. Thank you!

MikeLangford

Re: BM Cloud Storage creates aliases of media, how to disabl

PostThu May 02, 2024 1:33 am

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I've had the same problem and it's driving me nuts. DaVinci Resolve and/or Blackmagic Cloud somehow change random files saved in Dropbox folders to alias files on the local drive. Then when I try to render the project DR says the files are offline.

Return to DaVinci Resolve