Micro Panel not working in Windows 11

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jesse Eisenhardt

Micro Panel not working in Windows 11

PostThu Feb 29, 2024 10:57 pm

Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 11, and noticed that my Micro Panel no longer is working. I have looked throughout these forums and seen a lot of possible solutions, but nothing has worked for me. First of all, it doesn't function at all in DR (18.6.5 Build 7), even though its buttons light up. Second, when I open Control Panels Setup, it cannot be found. Third, when I go to device manager, it shows up as "Davinci Resolve Panel Micro", with a yellow warning symbol next to it. Clicking on this I see the message "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) / There are no compatible drivers for this device." And there is no way to update it.

In an attempt to fix this, for starters, I plugged my Micro Panel into a Macbook. This computer recognized it immediately and I could see it in Control Panels Setup (and it worked in DR on my macbook--but that's not my primary grading computer). I updated the firmware to the most recent version (I believe 1.3.2). I plugged it back into my Windows machine, but same problem with recognition as before. I tried reinstalling DaVinci Resolve (not a clean install, just a rewrite), that also didn't work.

I would love some help in figuring this out! It's hard to understand why the computer sees it, but can't find a driver for it. Thanks in advance for anybody's help.

robodog1

• Warnings: 1

Re: Micro Panel not working in Windows 11

PostFri Mar 01, 2024 5:53 am

the very beginning of this video shows steps to install ... did you do both steps ?

Jesse Eisenhardt

PostTue Mar 05, 2024 5:53 am

Thank you for the response, and yes, I did both installation steps. In fact I have been using this micropanel on my computer for years. It only stopped working when I switched to Windows 11. The control panel setup doesn't even see it anymore. However when I plug it into my macbook, it works fine!

tatawbcn

PostThu Apr 25, 2024 7:54 pm

do you have any solution of that problem ?

Return to DaVinci Resolve