Speed up video and audio at the same time-

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

lordwotton

Speed up video and audio at the same time-

PostSun Mar 24, 2024 9:38 pm

hi all and please bear with me as I am a newbye!

I'm starting doing motorcycle pov videos, so I edit everything, I sync the audio from the external mic and I'm all set, now I have e.g. a 20 minutes video clip and a 20 mins audio clip perfectly in sync.

I'd like to speed up the video like 2-3% but if I do, my entire audio goes out of sync. I googled but I couldn't find a solution to speed up both video and audio together, any ideas?

thanks!

mhd_ayman282

Re: Speed up video and audio at the same time-

PostWed Mar 27, 2024 1:33 pm

drag and select both clips (video and audio) then right-click and choose the last choice (link clips) and from timeline menu make sure "linked selection" is work and have a right mark beside it
then change the clip speed as you want, it will affect both audio and video

lordwotton

Re: Speed up video and audio at the same time-

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 pm

mhd_ayman282 wrote:drag and select both clips (video and audio) then right-click and choose the last choice (link clips) and from timeline menu make sure "linked selection" is work and have a right mark beside it
then change the clip speed as you want, it will affect both audio and video

hi and thanks for you reply!

I did (clips are linked and linked selection it's active), but when I change clip speed it only affects the video, so the audio gets out of sync

Return to DaVinci Resolve