Audio tracks not independent

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mattingleymike

Audio tracks not independent

PostMon Mar 25, 2024 5:00 pm

I'm very new to Resolve and Fairlight so please bear with me as I seem to have done something weird. I cut up a sequence into smaller clips and added a bunch of audio tracks in Fairlight. However, the tracks are not independent so if I mute one, they all mute and similarly moving one fader alters the levels of all the tracks. As soon as I add audio to one of the tracks it sticks to the other audio tracks so deleting it will remove a segment from all the other tracks.
How have I achieved this and how do I get back to normal audio editing with independent tracks?
Many thanks in advance
Mike
Using 18.6 on Windows 11

Uli Plank

Re: Audio tracks not independent

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 3:10 am

I'd suggest some free training:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/produc ... e/training

I like the PDFs (scroll down), "The Editor’s Guide to DaVinci Resolve 18" is telling you a lot about Fairlight already, but there's also the "The Fairlight Audio Guide to DaVinci Resolve 18".
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

Return to DaVinci Resolve