Favorites - They disappear

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

audiocage

Favorites - They disappear

PostMon Mar 25, 2024 10:35 pm

I mentioned this before.
I’ll mention it again.

My Favorites ALWAYS disappear. It’s annoying and it’s been happening for years AND with various computers AND across various updates.

Can someone from Blackmagic address this please? What is the point of having favorites that disappear like every week??
------------------
Doug Dina
Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6
Speed Editor
Apple STUDIO Max
PROCESSOR AND GRAPHICS M1 MAX WITH 10C CPU, 32C GPU
MEMORY 64GB UNIFIED MEMORY
MONITOR ASUS VP28UQG 28 "4K UHD 3840 x 2160

audiocage

Re: Favorites - They ALWAYS disappear

PostMon Mar 25, 2024 10:53 pm

Here’s a follow up:
I often find the need to Reset the UI because of one issue or another. Does that action delete all of the favorites (effect favorites, transition favorites)? If so, is there a manual way that I can save and load the favorites?
------------------
Doug Dina
Speed Editor
Apple STUDIO Max

Marc Wielage

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 1:17 am

audiocage wrote:I often find the need to Reset the UI because of one issue or another. Does that action delete all of the favorites (effect favorites, transition favorites)? If so, is there a manual way that I can save and load the favorites?

I think if you save a Layout Preset under Workspace, it's supposed to save Favorites. This has been a little buggy for awhile.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

audiocage

Re: Favorites - They disappear

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 10:13 pm

Hi Marc,
Yeah, thanks. I used to use Layout presets which I think worked but the user manual didn’t actually mention it. It isn’t all that difficult to find me frequently used “stuff” so I’m not heartbroken. However, I’m always astonished at how software companies churn out loads of new features without fully addressing issues of the past. I love DR but have issues with some of its bugs. As a previous engineer/programmer, I know that one of the easiest things in the world is saving settings and recalling them. It blows my mind that Blackmagic doesn’t spend a few hours to address this.

I always appreciate your input.
------------------
Doug Dina
Speed Editor
Apple STUDIO Max

Jim Simon

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 10:18 pm

audiocage wrote:Does that action delete all of the favorites
I think so.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Marc Wielage

Re: Favorites - They disappear

PostWed Mar 27, 2024 2:06 am

audiocage wrote:Yeah, thanks. I used to use Layout presets which I think worked but the user manual didn’t actually mention it. It isn’t all that difficult to find me frequently used “stuff” so I’m not heartbroken. However, I’m always astonished at how software companies churn out loads of new features without fully addressing issues of the past. I love DR but have issues with some of its bugs. As a previous engineer/programmer, I know that one of the easiest things in the world is saving settings and recalling them. It blows my mind that Blackmagic doesn’t spend a few hours to address this.

Yeah, I can't argue with you there. There are a few GUI "state" situations that I wish Resolve sessions would remember on Exit, but does not. Post it as a Feature Request on the forum section and make sure the dev team sees it:

forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewforum.php?f=33
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve