Activating and Working with FuComp Added to the Timeline

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

SerhiiK

Activating and Working with FuComp Added to the Timeline

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 6:06 pm

Hello, DaVinci Resolve community!

I've encountered a challenge that seems to go beyond my current understanding of scripting in DaVinci Resolve and Fusion. I'm hoping to find help or guidance here that can help me move forward in solving this.

The core issue: I have Fusion compositions already added to the timeline, and I need to find a way, using scripting, to sequentially activate each of these compositions for further work within the Fusion tab. The ideal scenario would be the ability to select a composition on the timeline and automatically switch to Fusion to edit that specific composition.

Alternatively, if possible, being already on the Fusion page, I'd like to load into it for editing the compositions that are currently on the timeline. It's crucial that I need to work with compositions that are already added to the timeline, not loading new ones from files or the media pool.

I've explored the DaVinci Resolve and Fusion API documentation and tried to find a solution through various available methods and objects in the API, but to no avail. It seems like this should be possible, given the depth of integration and scripting capabilities in DaVinci Resolve and Fusion, but I might have missed an important aspect or approach.

My question to the community: How can you activate and load for editing Fusion compositions that are already on the timeline using scripting? Does anyone have experience or knowledge about how this can be implemented, or perhaps some workarounds?

Any help, advice, or directions would be incredibly valuable. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

Return to DaVinci Resolve