Slow Laggy time line & Synching Audio with Video

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ottomanbeats

Slow Laggy time line & Synching Audio with Video

PostTue Mar 26, 2024 6:39 pm

Issue 1:
So i donwloaded the free version of Resolve to synch internally recorded audio from my DAW with footage from my phone, However while editing its very laggy. Itll play the video fine from the beginning but if i move the cursor to (for example 35 second mark) it wont show on the screen above right away. Its very slow and laggy even if it does. So i have to rewind to the beginning and watch the whole footage just to make small edits/adjustments. How can i fix this issue? Is this the limitation with the free version or is it my computer? Im running an AMD Ryzen 5, with 512 M.2 main ssd where i download my programs to, use a 2TB HHD for finished tracks, videos, pictures. Seagate IronWolf 14TB NAS Hard Drive for Vst expansion libraries.

Issue 2: Synching audio with video: Is there a way to synch audio with video besides where you right click and line up by wave form or what ever the two options are? Because neither one of these work for me. For example im trying to synch audio i recorded internally with my DAW through audacity with camera/phone footage. Which either wont have any audio because im using headphones or wont be usable. So i mute the auio/noise from phone footage and replace it with the DAW audio. In primier i used to just line up the footage with the audio as close i can then click synch audio and it would fix the miliseconds that it needed to fix. Any advice will be greatly appriciated. Thank you in advance.

Return to DaVinci Resolve