Multicam - How to group the parts of every cam?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

stefan-franz

Multicam - How to group the parts of every cam?

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm

Hello,
what is the work method for:

I made today a multicam video with 2 cams - and i have about 30 pieces of every cam.
I want to adjust the color. How can i correct all pieces of e.g. Cam 1, and after that, all of Cam 2?
All parts of every cam need the same color adjustment, because i made it in my studio - with static light.

Has Davinici Resolve anywhere a "automatic" that i can select after multicam cut the parts of cam1, cam2.....?

How can i make that?
Greetings, Stefan
Davinci Studio 18 with Speed Controller

PinheadX

Re: Multicam - How to group the parts of every cam?

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 pm

stefan-franz wrote:Hello,
what is the work method for:

I made today a multicam video with 2 cams - and i have about 30 pieces of every cam.
I want to adjust the color. How can i correct all pieces of e.g. Cam 1, and after that, all of Cam 2?
All parts of every cam need the same color adjustment, because i made it in my studio - with static light.

Has Davinici Resolve anywhere a "automatic" that i can select after multicam cut the parts of cam1, cam2.....?

How can i make that?
You can adjust the color on one clip, then select that clip in the timeline, hit cmd+c to copy then select the other clips from that camera and hit option+v to paste attributes, and select color as the attribute to paste into all the other clips.

There’s probably a much better way to do this, but this will absolutely work. The drawback to this method is that if you change your mind on the grade later, you’ll have to repeat this process again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Simon

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm

When you say there are 30 pieces, does that mean 30 clips from each camera, or you only had 2 clips from each camera that you cut up into 30?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

stefan-franz

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 pm

Form every cam a have one full video of about 25 minutes. I created a multicam track with this 2 takes and cutted about 60 times - so i have now from every cam about 30 parts.

And i search a way how to select all clips of one cam, to adjust the color for all parts of a cam in the same way.
Greetings, Stefan
Davinci Studio 18 with Speed Controller

SkierEvans

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 12:36 pm

Several way to do this if you have just the one source clip from each camera. I am assuming you have already edited your multicam and that is how you have many clips from each camera.

Right click on the multicam and select "open in timeline" This will revert to the original clips from each camera and you can do your colour correction then revert back to the multicam by double clicking " multicam " on the bottom left of timeline.

Another way is in the colour page, select clip, right click and select "use remote grades ". This way willl make the correction to everywhere that clip is used.

Threadripper 1920, Gigabyte X399 DESIGNARE EX, 32G RAM, Gigabyte 4070Ti 12G, ASUS PB328Q, IP4K, WIN10 Pro 22H2, Speed Editor

Resolve Studio 18, EDIUS 9WG,EDIUS X WG, Vegas 18

Studio Max M1 24 core GPU, 32G, 1T drive. iPad Pro 12.9` M2 16G, 1T

Return to DaVinci Resolve