Speed editor not work!

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ariccobon

Speed editor not work!

PostSat Mar 30, 2024 6:18 pm

Good morning. I have big problems with speed editor. I have the latest version of Windows 11 updated and Davinci Resolve version 19.6.6. Speed ​​editor is seen in the “control panel setup”, but not in the “preferences – control panel”. Windows recognizes speed editor but all the LEDs are off and it doesn't work. It is also seen with Bluetooth but it doesn't work the same.
After doing a clean installation of Windows 11 with all programs, speed editor is recognized, but if I turn off the PC and turn it back on the next day, speed editor disappears. I have done a clean install of windows 11 5 times and the result is always the same. I do not know what to do.

This is the list of programs installed on my PC:
Adobe (creative cloud, photoshop, bridge, acrobat, after effects)
Armoury create (Asus)
Blackmagic (atem, desktop video, hyperdeck, smartview, teranex, ultimate, videhub, web presenter)
Brother p Touch
Canon e HP (driver print)
Corsair iCUE
Elgato streamdeck
Firestorm
Magic bullet suite
MOTU pro audio driver
Nvidia driver studio
OBS
Presonus studio one
Razer synapse
SSL 360
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-30 190129.png
Screenshot 2024-03-30 190129.png (60.86 KiB) Viewed 1326 times
Screenshot 2024-03-30 190054.png
Screenshot 2024-03-30 190054.png (99.54 KiB) Viewed 1326 times

Charles Bennett

Re: Speed editor not work!

PostSun Mar 31, 2024 9:33 am

In the DaVinci Control Panels Setup page if you click on that round icon it will show you what software version is installed. The current one is Version 1.4.4. If an earlier version is shown try updating it. If still no joy, have a look at the Speed Editor section of the 18.6 Reference Manual page 956.
Resolve Studio 19.0b3 build 33
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Andy Mees

PostSun Mar 31, 2024 10:34 am

Uninstall Asus Armoury Crate, Zotac Firestorm, Corsair iCUE and Razer Synapse... see if that helps.

More specifically, there is a known conflict/incompatibility between the Speed Editor and some RGB LED lighting control software processes ... you currently have three or four different utilities installed, all of which have RGB LED lighting control components: Asus Armoury Crate, Zotac Firestorm, Corsair iCUE and Razer Synapse.

I would start by uninstalling all of those apps, then reboot the system and see if the Speed Editor starts functioning as expected. Presuming doing so fixes the problem, you can then reinstall them one by one (if at all necessary), rebooting and testing the Speed Editor with Resolve each time, and figure out which one (or combination) of those utilities (and which setting/process within them) is causing the problem.

ariccobon

PostMon Apr 01, 2024 4:07 pm

Charles Bennett wrote:In the DaVinci Control Panels Setup page if you click on that round icon it will show you what software version is installed. The current one is Version 1.4.4. If an earlier version is shown try updating it. If still no joy, have a look at the Speed Editor section of the 18.6 Reference Manual page 956.

I thank you for the answer. The version is 1.4.4 and I have already tried to reset with the "cut" and "smth cut" keys but nothing happens.

ariccobon

PostMon Apr 01, 2024 4:10 pm

Andy Mees wrote:Uninstall Asus Armoury Crate, Zotac Firestorm, Corsair iCUE and Razer Synapse... see if that helps.

More specifically, there is a known conflict/incompatibility between the Speed Editor and some RGB LED lighting control software processes ... you currently have three or four different utilities installed, all of which have RGB LED lighting control components: Asus Armoury Crate, Zotac Firestorm, Corsair iCUE and Razer Synapse.

I would start by uninstalling all of those apps, then reboot the system and see if the Speed Editor starts functioning as expected. Presuming doing so fixes the problem, you can then reinstall them one by one (if at all necessary), rebooting and testing the Speed Editor with Resolve each time, and figure out which one (or combination) of those utilities (and which setting/process within them) is causing the problem.

I thank you for the answer. I had read that these programs could create conflicts with speed editor and I installed them after speed editor no longer worked. In any case I uninstalled them, but unfortunately nothing changes. Speed ​​editor does not work and is not seen by Davinci. On the Mac, however, it works perfectly. I do not know what to do.

bentheanimator

PostMon Apr 01, 2024 4:40 pm

In the future, just to save some time, you can disable programs from starting up instead of uninstalling them. I've got iCue and a couple of others that I had to mess with to get Houdini to work. Uninstalling is the nuclear option but if the software isn't being loaded, then it's the same as uninstalling in a lot of cases.
Resolve & Fusion Studio 19b2
Windows 11
Intel 12900K @ 5.1GHz | 32GB RAM | RTX4090

MacOS 12.7.2
MacBook Pro 13,3 | 16GB | Radeon 460 4GB | 256GB System | 256GB Scratch

Lucky42

PostFri Apr 05, 2024 7:37 pm

I had similar problems with my windows machine and the speed editor but was able to fix it yesterday.
Maybe this post will help

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=198793#p1033412

ZarocSnow

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 5:26 pm

So I had the same problems as you two, did what you suggested in your thread for fixing it and it worked. HOWEVER, the BT connection is super inconsistent. They need to sort this out. Don't know if it's a Windows 11 problem but I didn't buy this expensive bit of gear to have to use it wired all the time. Also sent them an email for support and no response as of yet, not surprising.

Krealman

PostWed May 22, 2024 3:45 am

I Installed windows from scratch, and the first program I installed, was Davinci Resolve Studio... the keyboard worked.

I continued installing apps, drivers, etc, but before the next app or driver i'd test resolve every time and save a restore point... every time... the speed editor worked.

I installed Armoury Crate, ICUE and even Stream Deck (all progrms mentioned in other forums that could cause the malfunction, same process before every installation... The speed editor worked. I used Davinci for a copuple of days and after the third day I saw 2 drivers trying to get installed by windows update. One was Advanced Micro Devices, Inc - System - 2.2.0.121 and the other was Logitech - USB - 1.1.55.3120. I then saved a restore point before restarting the machine and allow the drivers to install... Restarted... Speed Editor DOESN'T WORK. I disconnected my Logitech 502 Lightspeed mouse (cause that is where the Driver went to) and still no luck.

I tried Rolling back both drivers manually using device manager, but no luck either. I restored my windows to pre instalation of the drivers with the restore point i had saved... Speed editor Works Again.

I ran Windows update and both drivers re installed, I rolled back tha AMD driver from AMD GPIO Controller before Restarting... I restarted and Speed Editor still works!!!...

I thought the AMD GPIO Controller was the problem, since it actually didnt update cause i rolled back before it could be applied. But then i realized that my mouse was not connected... i connected it and SPEED EDITOR DOESNT WORK AGAIN, disconnected it and still nothing (the damage was already done). THen i completely uninstalled the G502 driver and removed the mouse from windows, then disconnected it from the USB... Speed editor Works Again.

I havent tried to update the GPIO Controller driver again (now that it seems that the culprit is the USB driver for the mouse), but i will another time and will let you know what happens.

I hope my experience here helps some software genius figure out what is causing the problem.

I have an AMD CROSSHAIR VIII with AMD 5950x Cpu, an ASUS NVIDIA 3080Ti 12 GB and 64 GB of RAM (Gskill) running windows 11 latest update.

Talk to you later!!!

Krealman

PostWed May 22, 2024 11:32 pm

It is confirmed... In my case the culprit is The g502 Mouse and the Logitech - USB - 1.1.55.3120 driver that was released on 04/14/2024.

I have tested several times now that whenever i install this driver, my speed editor stops working (whether i have the mouse conected via USB or not) and as soon as i completely unistall it from Device Manager (using the option to completely remove the driver from the pc), my speed editor comes back to life.

I allowed the AMD GPIO Controller to update its driver and it has no impact on my Speed Editor whatsoever.

For now I will just stop using the mouse and use something diferent instead.

Please let Logitech and Blackmagic developers know about this.

fribert

PostMon May 27, 2024 7:22 pm

I have had the same problem, and I have a Logitech G915 keyboard. Cleaning out everything related to that fixed my speed editor problem. Now I just don't have my lovely keyboard :-(

fribert

PostTue May 28, 2024 6:50 am

I actually made both work (sort of). I removed all Logitech, usb driver and hid device.
I then connected the G915 keyboard with Bluetooth, and then both devices works.
After a reboot the Logitech G915 keyboard doesn't respond, but the davinci speed editor still works.
I then installed Logitech G-Hub software, and that created a hidden device called Logitech_LGVirtHid01, that made the keyboard connect after a reboot, but now the speed editor doesn't work through bluetooth, but it still works through usb.
So at least I now have both devices working, at least until I find myself a keyboard I can live with (that isn't Logitech gaming)

fribert

PostThu May 30, 2024 10:45 am

I have discovered that if I connect my Logitech G device via BT (like mentioned above) and makes sure that the Logitech USB driver is removed from the system, the Speed Editor works via Bluetooth as well, it just takes it a few seconds to connect after I've started Davinci Resolve, and jiggled the dial or pressed a few keys (which I think is quite normal).

Sam Walker

PostThu May 30, 2024 12:14 pm

fribert wrote: it just takes it a few seconds to connect after I've started Davinci Resolve, and jiggled the dial or pressed a few keys (which I think is quite normal).

Yes that is normal. The SE goes into "sleep mode" when Resolve is closed to save battery life. Sometimes it will be woken up when Resolve boots, but at other times you need to manually wake it up by pressing the keys.

tso413

PostSun Jun 16, 2024 4:50 am

Glad I found this post again, thought it was an update that made mine stop working. I added a USB extender over CAT5, and have a Logitech G413 Keyboard connected to it. Disconnected it and my Davinci Speed editor started working again. Hope this helps someone.
Travis Sonderegger

Return to DaVinci Resolve