great rendering problems

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

matis22

great rendering problems

PostSat Apr 13, 2024 6:27 pm

Hi guys,

I did an object removal on a clip in my timeline. It worked well too. But after that I see the red render bar above this clip. However, the clip doesn't render, but slows down the entire Davinci and also a part of my entire computer. How can I solve the probem? Render in place is no option, too slow.
best wishes
mathias
Da Vinci Resolve 18.6.6
MacOs Sonoma 14.4.1
Retina 5K
3,7 GHz Intel Cor i5
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 8GB

Jim Simon

Re: great rendering problems

PostSun Apr 14, 2024 1:51 pm

Whether Cache or RiP, the time is likely to be the same. And a RiP would allow you to do other things to the clip without negating the Cache and having to re-render the Object Removal.

That said, what are your Cache settings?
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Uli Plank

PostSun Apr 14, 2024 3:41 pm

why are you using an older version with Ventura?
Now that the cat #19 is out of the bag, test it as much as you can and use the subforum.

Studio 18.6.6, MacOS 13.6.6, 2017 iMac, 32 GB, Radeon Pro 580
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G

matis22

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 4:38 pm

Uli Plank wrote:why are you using an older version with Ventura?

Information updated
Da Vinci Resolve 18.6.6
MacOs Sonoma 14.4.1
Retina 5K
3,7 GHz Intel Cor i5
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 560X 8GB

Marc Wielage

PostWed Apr 17, 2024 4:12 am

matis22 wrote:I did an object removal on a clip in my timeline. It worked well too. But after that I see the red render bar above this clip. However, the clip doesn't render, but slows down the entire Davinci and also a part of my entire computer. How can I solve the problem? Render in place is no option, too slow.

What format are you using for Render-In-Place? What is the original source format of the clip? What timeline settings? What kind of drives are you using?

Your system isn't the fastest in the world, but there should be a way to work around this someway. I have never encountered anything that couldn't be cached or rendered-in-place or maybe done as a Compound Clip, but no question -- it does take some time. I can remember a few years ago having to do a :30 second shot as a 1/2-speed Optical Flow/Speed Warp. My memory is it took forever, easily five minutes. But when it finally finished and I played it, I was pretty stunned that it looked so good. So sometimes... it can work.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Return to DaVinci Resolve