Audio playback is glitchy but only for first few seconds

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ethanjulander

Audio playback is glitchy but only for first few seconds

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 11:49 pm

Hello.

I am having a problem where I have glitchy audio playback. It is only for the first few seconds of my timeline and it is the same case for all of my projects. This is a new computer and I have had this problem since February. I have tried different software versions, different drivers, settings, and reinstalling altogether. I have also tried different audio engines but changing that setting crashes resolve. I have also made sure that my project framerate and playback framerate is the same, along with clearing all audio presets. I would greatly appreciate any help to resolve this issue. Here is a very short youtube video with said problem. Thanks.

Reynaud Venter

Re: Audio playback is glitchy but only for first few seconds

PostWed Apr 17, 2024 2:50 pm

Please indicate Resolve version, operating system, and include a system spec.

What is the source media format and codec?
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

ethanjulander

Re: Audio playback is glitchy but only for first few seconds

PostWed Apr 17, 2024 4:12 pm

Thanks for the help.

Software Version:
Davinci Resolve 19 (although I just updated, this issue seems to happen in any version).

Operation System:
Windows 11 Home

Computer Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 7700 8-Core Processor
32 GB 6000 MHz Ram
(C:) 1TP Western Digital Black
Secondary 2TP Western Digital Black
AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT Graphics Card

Mp3 file.

After further testing, I have discovered that this glitching only happens on .mp3 files. After switching out my audio file for a .wav counterpart, there is no glitching and I am not able to get any of my other .wavs to glitch either. The glitching only happens to all of my .mp3's. Hopefully this additional information can help. Thanks,

Return to DaVinci Resolve