Is there a way to manually sync audio and append clips?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Alexrocks1253

Is there a way to manually sync audio and append clips?

PostWed Apr 17, 2024 7:01 pm

I recorded on a set with two microphones and some of the shots won't automatically sync, requiring me to go in manually in sync. Is there any way that I can sync and append clips? I don't see an option for this from the waveform monitor and clicking the link button just overwrites previous syncs.

Would there be a way to avoid manually lining up waveforms in the timeline and linking from there?
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 2.59.17 PM.jpg
What I'm seeing for the manual sync options.
Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 2.59.17 PM.jpg (253.29 KiB) Viewed 519 times
What will you create today?

Jim Simon

Re: Is there a way to manually sync audio and append clips?

PostWed Apr 17, 2024 10:14 pm

I don't use the manual method, but in the Ingest and Organize Media section of the Reference Manual, there is a small chapter that goes over all the methods for audio sync. Give that a look.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Alexrocks1253

Re: Is there a way to manually sync audio and append clips?

PostWed Apr 17, 2024 10:21 pm

Jim Simon wrote:I don't use the manual method, but in the Ingest and Organize Media section of the Reference Manual, there is a small chapter that goes over all the methods for audio sync. Give that a look.

I'll give it a look. This really makes me wish that the auto sync's accuracy was better because the append clips option really comes in handy. (For reference I was using one boom and a 5.1 surround mic so I can have some sort of surround sound to start editing from.) This is my first time doing surround and it's really really complex!
What will you create today?

Return to DaVinci Resolve