Small Bug with Bounced Audio in Cloud and QOL Note

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

MaicoOrdelmans

Small Bug with Bounced Audio in Cloud and QOL Note

PostWed Apr 24, 2024 9:28 am

Just wanted to point out a 'bug' that I've run into over the past months whilst using cloud collaboration.

When you exchange files it matches them on both systems, great, BUT we work with an off site team of 4. And when I bounce the audio within Fairlight (We mix music within Resolve) and then share the bounced files to another editor, it can only be linked to one system at a time! So when he relinks those files to do final edits or makes reels, the audio gets lost/broken on my system and vice versa.

It consistently happens with bounced audio in Resolve. Just wanted to point that out, because it makes our work through the cloud almost impossible. We have to mix around 10-15 tracks a day, and edit youtube content, reels and whatnot. Video works great, audio is not synced across systems.

QOL Note for the Fairlight page: PLEASE show the value of the amount that I'm panning! In a lot of mixes you don't want to stereo pan 100/100, but more like 50/50 etc. And you have to open the panning UI every-single-time to see your values. Every DAW has it, help an Audio Mixer out!

Working on mixed systems Mac M1 Pro and PC
Build
AMD Ryzen 5950x 16 Core
Nvidia RTX 3070FE 8GB
2x Samsung EVO970 Pro 1TB
32GB RAM
Ableton Live 11 Suite

Return to DaVinci Resolve