Curve/effect pictogram shows but no effects working on clip.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Thijs van Daalen

Curve/effect pictogram shows but no effects working on clip.

PostThu Apr 25, 2024 7:44 am

So I tried to redo an old Premiere Pro project of mine in Davinci Resolve. To do that, I transferred the timeline using the FCP XML timeline option. Most of the clip attributes are copied over to DR.
The nested clips are copied too, but since you can use speed warp and stabilization on the same clip in DR, I don't need the nested clips anymore.
After unpacking/unnesting the clips (Thank you BM for making this easy to do!!! :D ), the clips should be completely reset. Because the Lumetri Color and Warp Stabalizer effects aren't transferred over to Resolve. Correct me if I'm wrong.
The weird thing is: on the timeline, the clip shows those pictograms that indicate that there's still effects and/or edits affecting the clip. See image below. Even after removing all attributes, and manually resetting everything on the inspector tab, the pictograms in question just don't go away. And comparing it with the source clip reveals that they're the exact same. No difference in color, speed, zoom or whatever.

Is there still an effect working on the clip? If so, how do I completely reset the clip without losing the cuts I did?
If that's not possible, is there a way I can replace the unnested clip with its source clip without losing the cuts?

Best,
Thijs
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2024-04-25 092942.png
Schermafbeelding 2024-04-25 092942.png (133.98 KiB) Viewed 526 times
Dell Precision 3660
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K | 3.20 GHz | 32,0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Windows 11 Pro
Resolve 18.6

Jim Simon

Re: Curve/effect pictogram shows but no effects working on c

PostThu Apr 25, 2024 3:00 pm

There's an Effects tab in the Inspector. You can also check the Video tab for things like Speed, Crop, etc.

If none of those are active, then I'm guessing just a GUI glitch.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Thijs van Daalen

Re: Curve/effect pictogram shows but no effects working on c

PostWed May 01, 2024 8:03 am

None of those are active. Must be just a glitch then.
Dell Precision 3660
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K | 3.20 GHz | 32,0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Windows 11 Pro
Resolve 18.6

Return to DaVinci Resolve