Resolve Actions/Macros?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

RobertAsh

Resolve Actions/Macros?

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 5:46 am

Hello,

Can Resolve Studio record macros or actions for a sequence of mouse clicks? I need to do the following 130+ times for a project I'm working on:

1. Turn on Dynamic Zoom
2. Click on "Swap" so it will zoom in instead of zooming out
3. Change the zoom mode to Ease Out
4. Adjust the zoom range to zoom into the desired section of the image

If I could automate steps 1-3, that would be very helpful. I need to zoom in to various parts of the image so #4 isn't as critical.

Thanks,
Robert
The Thinker's Bible channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/TheThinkersBible

roger.magnusson

Re: Resolve Actions/Macros?

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 8:51 am

For 1-3 you could just select all the clips on the timeline and change them all at once.

RobertAsh

Re: Resolve Actions/Macros?

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 5:08 pm

roger.magnusson wrote:For 1-3 you could just select all the clips on the timeline and change them all at once.

Great idea - thank you.

What I'm doing is overlaying slides onto a spoken presentation. It's a video of a presentation I was giving and when the slide topic comes up, I'm displaying the slide briefly.

So I'll put all the slides onto the timeline in the right place, then select them all and change them all. That'll be more efficient anyway than doing every operation to each slide one by one.

Appreciate it, thanks again.

Robert
The Thinker's Bible channel
https://www.youtube.com/c/TheThinkersBible

Return to DaVinci Resolve