Multicam Audio Stops Playing In Source

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Jeremy Lusk

Multicam Audio Stops Playing In Source

PostFri Apr 26, 2024 4:23 pm

Been running into a bug for a while now when playing a multiclip in the source window. For no apparent reason, after working for a while a random multiclip will simply lose the ability to play back audio and remains broken until I quit and reopen the app. Doesn't do it for all clips, but if it happens to a clip it doesn't come back until I reboot the app. It's not a matter of which track it's set to, and if I cut the clip into the timeline the audio plays just fine there. It's just an ugly little bug that needs squashing.

And yes, my volume is up. :lol:

Jim Simon

Re: Multicam Audio Stops Playing In Source

PostSun Apr 28, 2024 2:26 pm

Post up some details about OS, media, Resolve version, Free or Studio, audio hardware, etc.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Jeremy Lusk

Re: Multicam Audio Stops Playing In Source

PostWed May 01, 2024 3:56 pm

Jim Simon wrote:Post up some details about OS, media, Resolve version, Free or Studio, audio hardware, etc.

MacBook Pro M1 Max
32GB RAM
OS 14.0 (Just upgraded to the latest 14.4.1 last night, haven't determined if the problem still exists)
DVR 18.6.6 Studio (but it's been doing this for several versions)
The media is Sony Venice 2 8K, three cameras. Which, yes, is heavy, but like I said it doesn't do it all the time or on all clips. Playback generally is pretty smooth.

Return to DaVinci Resolve