[answered] How to put VST plugins into a category manually?

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

maarten

[answered] How to put VST plugins into a category manually?

PostSat Apr 27, 2024 6:52 pm

Some VST plugins are 'automatically' categorized into categories like 'reverb' and such in Fairlight. However, many plugins aren't categorized 'automatically'.

These categories are very useful and I don't like all effects to be in 'unrecognized', which most of them are now. So;

How can we assign categories to plugins manually?

effects-catagories.jpg
effects-catagories.jpg (13.51 KiB) Viewed 548 times
Last edited by maarten on Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reynaud Venter

Re: [fairlight] How to put VST plugins into a category manua

PostSun Apr 28, 2024 4:29 am

Resolve Preferences > Audio Plugins > Available Plugins.

Click on a plugin's Category column to expose a list of available categories.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

maarten

Re: [fairlight] How to put VST plugins into a category manua

PostSun Apr 28, 2024 9:05 am

Reynaud Venter wrote:Click on a plugin's Category column to expose a list of available categories.

Oh wow!! How silly of me; I did find the list of plugins there and searched for a way to change categories there, like rightclicking and all, but didn't even think about left-clicking on the column.

Thanks a lot! I was afraid this wouldn't be possible, but glad it is. Have a nice day!

Return to DaVinci Resolve