Davinci 18.6 project save problem and fairlight issue

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

nikinik7503

Davinci 18.6 project save problem and fairlight issue

PostThu May 23, 2024 11:18 am

Hello to all members. Recently I had a few small projects and during my work, I discovered that Davinci act super strange. For 1, I save my project every maybe 30 min, and still when I close it even if I save it right before closing, on the next opening, maybe a grade is missing one 1-to 2 clips or other things are not saved. 2nd problem is that when I close the project, the next opening the timeline is empty. I don't remove or move files. The project timeline I can find in the master bin every time I have to press the right button and choose open in timeline. Why when I open the project, it shows me empty timeline I have no clue.
3. During my work I made some adjustments to faders and plugins in Fairlight. However even after saving, on the next opening, my audio settings are gone. Plugin slots are empty, and faders are at 0.

Reynaud Venter

Re: Davinci 18.6 project save problem and fairlight issue

PostThu May 23, 2024 11:30 am

Is this on a macOS or Windows install?

For (2) is the Timeline itself empty or does the Project load with no active Timeline (similar to Multi-user Projects)?

Regarding (3) can you confirm that the Project is saving correctly? Is a Project backup available? It may be worth using the Fairlight menu > Automation > Mix List and saving Mixes to ensure it is easy to step back through passes.

Is it possible to include a link to the Project file (.drp without media) after saving in Resolve and exporting?
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio Premium VAD ⟧
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.5 (23F79) ⟧

Return to DaVinci Resolve