pivot around own axis

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

ReneKim

pivot around own axis

PostSun May 26, 2024 7:37 pm

Hey. hey.

i have been inside ALL DAY working on a intro vid for a festival were i'me volanter.

I set up a USD flow (because im LASY) and brougt in the first container (see picture)
done some masking and actualy got somthing that doable. Now its time for container number 2 and heres my problem , i wanner turn it aound its own axis. BELEVE ME. ive been using ALOT of time on Da internet. not mush info about usd workflow when its about a simple task like pivot around its own axiz. Can it be done ore ?
/renekim
Attachments
pivot problem.jpeg
pivot problem.jpeg (323.59 KiB) Viewed 499 times
Rig : I8/32Gb/1Tb/Rtx4070TIsuper

Hendrik Proosa

Re: pivot around own axis

PostSun May 26, 2024 7:48 pm

uTransform didn’t work for you? What’s the exact problem, righthand container is already somewhat rotated…
I do stuff

KrunoSmithy

Re: pivot around own axis

PostMon May 27, 2024 10:54 am

Generally its best to create multiple transform nodes to do that. One for moving the object and the other to move the mini scene around something else, and third one to move whole of scene or yet another scene etc. That way, you can easily build up with transform and merge nodes a complex scene that is easy to control.

Return to DaVinci Resolve