Couldn't start with Resolve lite

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author
rahmanpadne

Couldn't start with Resolve lite

PostThu Nov 01, 2012 8:03 am

hi...

I am new to Da Vinci Resolve lite.i am also student and freelancer. i thought it might be quite helpful if start exploring Resolve. Then i downloaded Resolve lite for my PC. i am Using HP Z420 workstation and it specification is Intel Xeon E5 family processor, 16 GB ram ,nvidia quadro 2000, 2 TB HDD. The installation went well. Then after Started Resolve.., at that time a warning message came as "Please update your CUDA graphics Drivers". Then i press OK. After that i chose admin to login. When i hit "Login" , Resolve get crashed with error message as " Resolve.exe has stopped working"..i also tried on Guest and everything..googled...but no way...plssssssssssssss need big help here....thanks

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Couldn't start with Resolve lite

PostThu Nov 01, 2012 8:50 am

Hi, the config you have does not meet our minimum req as detailed in the config guide. I don't expect it will be possible to run with that system but at the least you can check the OS and make sure you have the correct CUDA and NVIDIA driver version for the Q2000. Again, I'm not confident that will be enough as the Q2000 is significantly under powered for Resolve.
Peter
Last edited by Peter Chamberlain on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

rahmanpadne

PostThu Nov 01, 2012 5:09 pm

so you saying i have to upgrade ma graphics card and which one you recommend?so i can go for that...apart from graphics, do you find any probs with my configuration? and one more...will it be ok if i upgrade my graphics?..will it work?..tnx...a lot...

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Nov 02, 2012 11:06 am

As I mentioned above, please refer to the config guide. It's published on the post production thread.
Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Return to DaVinci Resolve