install previous version of Resolve

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

chris barnett

install previous version of Resolve

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 11:24 am

Hi,

I am running the software version of resolve and have just made a fairly major error!!

I upgraded without checking the minimum requirements and realised I am not running an adequate operating system.

I cannot upgrade the operating system because I am running software that requires it, also it's a shared computer anyway.

my question is, can I up/down grade to my previous version of resolve which I believe was 10.0.0.8 (or something like that) - yes I know I need to know the exact version - but could anyone from blackmagic help me out here, what were the previous versions of resolve 10 - previous to 10.1.5? - and is there any way I can get hold of the version i require? - the computer was wiped recently of all files and we no longer have the install disk image!!

I'm in a spot of fairly serious bother here and would really appreciate any assistance - I know it was a school boy error but please help!!!!!

thank you

Chris

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: install previous version of Resolve

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 5:50 pm

I've put in a request to see if we can try and get older versions of Resolve 10 up but I can't give you a timeline for this at this moment.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Adam Simmons

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 10:07 pm

Are you running the full dongled version or the free lite version?
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

chris barnett

PostWed Jul 30, 2014 10:42 pm

Thanks for replies..

It is the full version with dongle.. I also have tried looking for the database just to check it is there and ok but I can't find it in the place the manual says to look.. i.e library/application support/blackmagicdesign/davinciresolve etc (or something like that) - slightly concerned about that too..!!

but thank you for the link, I will try in the morning..

again many thanks

Adam Simmons

PostThu Jul 31, 2014 6:02 am

I didn't post a link, but if you are using the full dongled version you can still get any previous version from the archive drivers found here
http://update.blackmagicdesign.com/support

For some reason BM don't want to add a link on the main webpage, they'd rather let people suffer and have to wait days for an answer from tech support rather than just add in a single button that gives people access to all the old drivers that are still available on their site but are now hidden.
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Return to DaVinci Resolve