Audio sync is a mess!!

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

John Smith

Audio sync is a mess!!

PostTue Aug 26, 2014 4:18 pm

After installing DVR 11 Lite and "playing" a couple of weeks to discover all that the software can offer me finally I decided to use it as an "ONLY GRADING" software.

Even if it's very attractive to use it as any other NLE and do all your work in it from start to finish, after several tryouts I am not able to do a "decent" final file to deliver. After editing, making all kind of speed-up, slow-down, inserting additional music in the soundtrack mixed with original audio, the result is TOTALLY out of sync, audio track is longer, no sync, etc...

In any other soft : what you have in the timeline is "EXACTLY" what you get in a deliver file (MP4, MOV...) with no problem.

Very good fast and professional grading, fantastic fast workflow, fantastic optical-flow but (for the moment) no good results like NLE, specially with synced audio, always adding a timecode track to the final file??.

I tried everything but I quit. Only for grade individual files and slow-fast motion fx, the rest of the job I'll do it in my NLE.
It's my oppinion.

John Smith

Re: Audio sync is a mess!!

PostTue Sep 02, 2014 4:19 pm

I answer myself as I see no replies.
I did the same with lots of original audio & added complicated background music, mixing with original sound, with speed-up video and slow motion, credits in a final 10 minutes file, in Sony Vegas pro 13 ALL EXACTLY SYNCED.

So, for the moment I quit Resolve!

Return to DaVinci Resolve